Slide 8: Kidney - basal lamina
This specimen of the kidney is stained with silver to demonstrate the basal lamina.
- The outline of the kidney.
- The cortex and medulla regions.
- The kidney tubules in the cortex.
- The brown coloured basal lamina.
Draw and annotate:
A few kidney tubules with surrounding basal lamina.
- How does the basal lamina appear?
- Why are the nuclei of the epithelial cells not visible but the basal lamina can be seen?
- What is the difference between the basal lamina and basement membrane?