A 30-year old plump female with bad acne and excessive hair growth consulted her gynecologist with the complaint of irregular menstruation. She is diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome after blood had been drawn and it had been determined that she had very high levels of androgen especially testosterone.
- Which cells in die ovary are responsible for the secretion of testosterone in the female?
- Which cells in die ovary are responsible for the secretion of estrogen and progesterone? Where do these cells originate from?
- What layers are found in the ovary?
- What are the different stages of development of the ovarian follicles?
- When is the secondary oocyte formed?
- What is the composition of the stroma?
- After ovulation -- what happens to the remaining Graafian follicle?