Slide 106: Ovary
This slide is a section through the ovary. Also see slide 89.
Draw and annotate:
A line diagram of the ovary in which the different stages of developing ovarian follicles are drawn in detail.
- What is the other name for germinal epithelium?
- What are the components of the tunica albuginea?
- What is typical of the stroma of the cortex?
- How does a primary follicle differ from a secondary follicle?
- What are the characteristics of Graafian follicles?
- In what stages of cell division are the oocyte of a primary follicle and a Graafian follicle?
- What different structures are found in the medulla?