Slide 61: Cerebrum - astrocytes
This slide is a section through the cerebrum.
Neuroglia of the central nervous system are visible on this slide.
The different layers of the cerebral cortex.
Draw and annotate:
An astrocyte in detail.
The different types of neurons found in the different layers of the cerebrum.
- What type of astrocyte is visible in this slide, and with which structure are they in contact?
- Where are these astrocytes found?
- What is distinctive of astrocytes?
- Describe the perivascular feet?
- What types of neuron are seen here?
- What other structures are also visible in this slide?