You should be able to:
- Describe the overall organization of the eye.
- Describe the structural organization and functions of the components of the eyelid and conjunctiva.
- Describe the components of the three layers of the eye.
- Explain the relation between structure and function of the layers in the eye.
- Recognize and describe the retina, fovea, optic disk, and layout of blood vessels in the retina.
- Recognize and describe the structures of the cornea, iris, lens, vitreous body and ciliary body.
- Understand the relationship among the choroid and the pigmented and sensory layers of the retina.
- Understand and describe the sensory cells of the retina and the rest of the optical sensory pathway.